Public Speaking Academy
Public Speaking Academy Workshops
Our four-lesson Public Speaking Academy workshops are available in the Winter and Summer Sessions.
Grades 4-5*: Apr. 15-May 6 – Saturdays 2:30-4:30 (Schwartz/Reisman Centre)
Grades 4-5*: May 28-June 18 – Sundays 3:45-5:45 (Prosserman JCC)
Grades 4-6*: Jan. 7-28 – Saturdays 4:15-6:15 (Hillfield Strathallan College)
Grades 6-8*: Feb. 5-Mar. 5 – Sundays 2:15-4:15 (Schwartz/Reisman Centre)
Grades 7-9*: Feb. 4-Mar. 4 – Saturdays 4:15-6:15 (Hillfield Strathallan College)
Grades 9+*: Jan. 8-29 – Sundays 2:15-4:15 (Schwartz/Reisman Centre)
Grades 9+*: Jan. 8-29 – Sundays 6:00-8:00 (Prosserman JCC)
*For students who entered these grades in Fall 2022.
Public Speaking Academy workshops are designed by Dr. Karine Rashkovksy and Dr. Jenn Chenkin, distinguished in Canada for their groundbreaking work.
Reaching far beyond the basics, students will engage in classical rhetoric and debate, study logical reasoning and fallacies, and be inspired by critical analyses of historical speeches.
Brain Power’s Public Speaking Academy is distinguished by its roots in the science behind persuasion and rhetoric and its track record of producing dozens of public speaking contest award-winners and future leaders.
Throughout the workshops, students will:
- Cultivate their communication and persuasion skills through exercises that enhance their written and verbal expression.
- Learn techniques for building confidence, remaining calm in front of audiences, and warming up before speeches and debates.
- Learn to master the techniques of body and voices that make for effective speeches.
- Engage in conversation and debate relating to important social issues.
- Analyze persuasive speeches.
For more information, contact Brain Power at email@example.com or (905) 303-5457.
To see our students’ success at Speakers Idol 2020, view the video below!