Summer Public Speaking
Our Online Distance Learning Summer Programs provide 2-hour interactive sessions with our amazing instructors once or twice a week (depending on the course)!
One-month Summer programs range from $324.00 to $762.75 (depending on the course).
Contact our office for details: email@example.com
Grades 4-5* – 1x per week – July OR Aug. – Fri. 5:00-7:00**
Grades 6-8* – 1x per week – July OR Aug. – Tue. 7:15-9:15 OR Fri. 7:15-9:15**
Grades 9+* – 1x per week – July OR Aug. – Thu. 7:15-9:15 OR Fri. 5:00-7:00**
* For students entering these grades in September 2020.
**All scheduled class times are Eastern Daylight Time. If you are planning to take an online class from another time zone, please adjust the times in accordance with your time zone. If these times are not convenient for you, please contact our office: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this exciting workshop students will gain a thorough introduction to the art of public speaking. Providing an overview of the elements of oral presentation (e.g., tone of voice, body language, diction, rhetoric, and persuasion), the course will give students strategies for expressing themselves clearly, effectively, and convincingly. Encouraging youth to articulate their ideas on a range of social issues, each session will critically analyze an influential speech. Students will also develop their own speeches, gaining the opportunity to apply what they are learning in class by workshopping and performing their speeches.
Throughout the course, students will:
- Cultivate their communication and persuasion skills through exercises that enhance their written and verbal expression.
- Learn techniques for building confidence, remaining calm in front of audiences, and warming up before speeches and debates.
- Learn to master the techniques of body and voices that make for effective speeches.
- Engage in conversation and debate relating to important social issues.
- Analyze persuasive speeches.
For more information, contact Brain Power at email@example.com or (905) 303-5457.
To see our students’ success at Speakers Idol 2020, watch the video below!