Meet Brain Power Alumna Lauren Koek
By Brain Power in Newsletter
August 22nd, 2020
Our impressive alumna Lauren Koek is passionate about making a positive change in the world and believes that advocating about human rights issues through law will help her achieve this goal.
Here’s what she has to say: Brain Power has absolutely shaped me into who I am today. Dr Karine Rashkovsky has not only helped me improve my writing skills and my public speaking skills but has also taught me life skills (how to communicate with people, how to act professionally and the importance of networking). She has always been there to support me, and I definitely would not have had so many achievements without her!
The Jewels in her Crown
- Speaker’s Idol Finalist
- Awards for academic success and leadership
- An intern at National University of Singapore in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, working with DNA
- Co-President and Co-Founder of Future Lawyers (A non-profit, student-run organization that hosts an annual, one-day conference in Toronto to educate and inspire youth about the journey of a law career)
- Co-Founder and Co-President of Hope for Humanity (A student-led organization to raise awareness and money for childhood illnesses)
- President of AMHS’s Law Club
We’re so proud of you, Lauren!