By Brain Power in Book Club
August 25th, 2017
On October 28th, Brain Power’s book club visited the wonderful Civic Centre Resource Library in Vaughan to discuss Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451. We were given a guided tour of the building by one of the many helpful librarians (see pictures below), and we saw all of the amenities offered to the public free of charge!
- Green Room: complete with high-end cameras and video cameras, and editing software like Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
- Recording Studio: complete with a professional mixing board and rack and instruments
- Publishing Services: publish your own book for free as an eBook, and potentially have it reviewed by Library Journal, a prominent book reviewing magazine
- Maker Studio: complete with 3D printers
- Teen Zone: a special area dedicated to teenagers and their interests
- Study rooms
- 70,000 items, including books for adults, teens, kids, and tons of movies and cds
- Tables and large meeting rooms
- Outdoor patio
- Approximately 50 employees, including librarians, clerks, and pages
What better place to discuss Bradbury’s chilling vision of a world without books than in this stunning new library!
Click on images to enlarge