Design Thinking for Engineering
SPECIAL NOTE: If the government regulations allow, our intention is still to offer both in-class and virtual online options for our Fall/Winter programs, so that clients can choose which way they wish to learn.
When we do offer in-class options, we will be following strict protocol for the health and safety of our students and staff, and ensuring we not only adhere to government requirements but exceed safety expectations.
More information on our live online distance learning can be found HERE.
Information on discounts for enrolling in (or switching to) virtual online courses is available HERE.
Design Thinking for Engineering – Grades 6-8 and 9+
Grades 6-8: November 15 – December 6, 2020 (4 lessons)
Grades 9+: February 7 – March 7, 2021 (4 lessons)
- This workshop combines creativity, problem solving, and empathy to take students into the world of engineering design! Students will discover and engage in the engineering design process, learning to define and solve complex, real-world problems. This course will train students to brainstorm, test, and communicate about brilliant products, unlocking their problem-solving potential. Students will learn about the design process in the real world using a wide variety of accessible examples, then apply their knowledge to solve a real-world engineering problem, finishing with a tested prototype of their solution!
- Students in this exciting workshop will:
- Learn how the products and systems they use every day are invented
- Combine logic, creativity, and teamwork in brainstorming exercises that improve collaboration and leadership
- Work in a team to develop solutions to real-world problems
- Develop empathy and new perspectives by testing their solutions
- Communicate their thoughts and solutions in a compelling and effective manner