Math & Problem Solving - Grades 3-4
Our Online Distance Learning Summer Programs provide 2-hour interactive sessions with our amazing instructors once or twice a week (depending on the course)!
More information on our live online distance learning can be found HERE.
2x per week – July OR August
In our Summer Math 3-4 course, students will learn about:
- Mental math: adding 2-digit numbers, multiplying 2-digit numbers by one digit and by 2-digit numbers
- Long multiplication and division: 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers and 3-digit numbers by 2-digit numbers
- Four operations on decimals with 1 and 2 digits after decimal point
- Order of operations (3 to 5 step exercises)
- Geometry: perimeter and area of rectangles
They will also be introduced to a number of word problems solving strategies and techniques:
- Educated guessing
- Use of LCM (Lowest Common Multiple)
- Working Backwards
- Venn diagrams
- Logic problems
Starting from second lesson there will be a review of challenging problems and a short quiz on material learned in the previous lesson. In addition to all of this, students will engage in a number of fun activities and games of logic!