Math & Problem Solving - Grades 3-4
Our Online Distance Learning Summer Programs provide 2-hour interactive sessions with our amazing instructors once or twice a week (depending on the course)!
One-month Summer programs range from $324.00 to $762.75 (depending on the course).
Contact our office for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
2x per week – July OR August – Mon. & Wed. 5:00-7:00*
*All scheduled class times are Eastern Daylight Time. If you are planning to take an online class from another time zone, please adjust the times in accordance with your time zone. If these times are not convenient for you, please contact our office: email@example.com
In our Summer Math 3-4 course, students will learn about:
- Mental math: adding 2-digit numbers, multiplying 2-digit numbers by one digit and by 2-digit numbers
- Long multiplication and division: 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers and 3-digit numbers by 2-digit numbers
- Four operations on decimals with 1 and 2 digits after decimal point
- Order of operations (3 to 5 step exercises)
- Geometry: perimeter and area of rectangles
They will also be introduced to a number of word problems solving strategies and techniques:
- Educated guessing
- Use of LCM (Lowest Common Multiple)
- Working Backwards
- Venn diagrams
- Logic problems
Starting from second lesson there will be a review of challenging problems and a short quiz on material learned in the previous lesson. In addition to all of this, students will engage in a number of fun activities and games of logic!