Available Summer 2023!
See schedules at bottom of page.
Brain Power’s Scholars’ Circle is an advanced summer 1:1 writing program that offers junior-high and high-school students the unique opportunity to work with Dr. Joel Benabu and other Ph.D.-level experts on improving their writing abilities in measurable ways.
Dr. Benabu, a veteran writing strategist at the University of Toronto, has created this rigorous yet supportive program for the benefit of students who are serious about advancing their writing skills.
- Receive a personalized writing diagnostic at the start (that establishes a baseline skill set and areas for improvement) and a second diagnostic at the end to measure progress.
- Complete six writing assignments tailored to the student’s individual needs.
- Gain a deeper understanding of writing as a process:
- Learning how to develop and present arguments
- Learning how to evaluate evidence
- Learning how to edit, revise, and proofread work.
- Develop critical-thinking skills that are essential for intellectual growth.
- Receive individualized feedback, personalized recommendations, and valuable resources for future academic success.
- Be better prepared to excel in high school, particularly in IB, AP, or specialized programs, and later at university.
Overall, Brain Power’s Scholars’ Circle presents an unparalleled opportunity for students to enhance their writing abilities, improve their critical-thinking skills, and achieve their full academic potential.
Scholars’ Circle – Schedule
1: 1 online meeting dates and times will be scheduled in consultation with the instructor.