Summer Public Speaking
SPECIAL NOTE: Our intention is still to offer both in-class and virtual online options for our Summer programs, so that clients can choose which way they wish to learn.
When we do offer in-class options, we will be following strict protocol for the health and safety of our students and staff, and ensuring we not only adhere to government requirements but exceed safety expectations.
More information on our live online distance learning can be found HERE.
Grades 4-5 – 1x per week – July OR Aug.
Grades 6-8 – 1x per week – July OR Aug.
Grades 9+ – 1x per week – July OR Aug.
To see scheduled days/times CLICK HERE.
In this exciting workshop students will gain a thorough introduction to the art of public speaking. Providing an overview of the elements of oral presentation (e.g., tone of voice, body language, diction, rhetoric, and persuasion), the course will give students strategies for expressing themselves clearly, effectively, and convincingly. Encouraging youth to articulate their ideas on a range of social issues, each session will critically analyze an influential speech. Students will also develop their own speeches, gaining the opportunity to apply what they are learning in class by workshopping and performing their speeches.
Throughout the course, students will:
- Cultivate their communication and persuasion skills through exercises that enhance their written and verbal expression.
- Learn techniques for building confidence, remaining calm in front of audiences, and warming up before speeches and debates.
- Learn to master the techniques of body and voices that make for effective speeches.
- Engage in conversation and debate relating to important social issues.
- Analyze persuasive speeches.
For more information, contact Brain Power at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 303-5457.
To see our students’ success at Speakers Idol 2020, watch the video below!